Places I Love to Go When I'm Feeling the Seven Universal Emotions

Image result for let's go out and do something gif


     As individuals, we all have our own emotions; but there are seven emotions that scientists have
deemed to be universal. They are sadness, happiness, anger, fear, disgust, surprise, and contempt.
These emotions are basic, but they can be strong sometimes. Here is a list of places that I go when
I’m feeling some of these emotions.

Anger
Ice Skating
No, I’m not the best at ice skating, but I take all of my anger and let it out on the ice.
It’s hard to be upset while doing something that’s so graceful.
Fear
Nature 
It’s like nature inspires me to be courageous; the fact that birds don’t come out of an egg knowing how
to fly, but they can take the chance and keep trying, knowing that every time they try there’s a
possibility they can fall. Another example is that every animal has a predator yet they take chances
coming out and don’t let that stop them from living their lives though every second they’re out there’s a
chance they can die. Seeing trees grow tall and proud their whole life before getting cut down along
with a million other characteristics of nature makes me want to take risks, live life, and have fun while
I can because death is inevitable. We all can’t be good at everything so there’s always a chance I can
fail, but I have to try just because there’s always also a chance that I can succeed.
Happiness
The Mall/ stores I love
When I’m happy or proud of myself, I spoil myself or the people I love because I’m in such a good
mood. I buy thoughtful “just because” gifts and also when I’m happy, I feel beautiful, so I dress up kind
of nice, and put in effort and stores are public places so I kind of show off my confidence. I also have
mini dance parties in my dorm because nobody else is watching so it’s fun and makes you feel free
and happy which is the BEST combination
Sadness
The movies or nature
When I’m outside I feel free; and something about that feeling helps my tears come out and not literally
but figuratively it almost feels like even though I’m free, I’m being embraced by the Earth because I am
one with it. The wind stops my tears by drying them, the ground soaks my tears up, and just by looking
at my surroundings I can see that life goes on which cheers me up; it’s basically involuntary advice
I’m extremely good at making myself even more sad when I’m sad; every movie has a sad point or a
few sad points, even comedies. I ALWAYS cry at the sad points and when I’m crying at the movie,
I cry even harder thinking about whatever is making me sad at the same time. It helps me to get
everything out in a way since I hate going to friends and telling them I’m sad.

I only did 4/7 of the universal emotions because I don’t have a place for disgust, surprise or contempt;
but if any of you readers have places for these, comment yours as well as your reasons why you go
there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Posted

Preparing for Midterms: 5 Tips

  Preparing for Midterms 1. Start early Check what type of midterm (if there is one) that your classes have (test, project, paper) and put t...